Protect your investment with our floor care tips
Don't let your new flooring go to waste by neglecting simple maintenance.
By following our pointers, you can maintain your new floor with ease and
enjoy it for many years to come.
To effectively maintain your carpet, you should:
- Vacuum regularly
- Clean up spills immediately
- Have professional carpet cleaners clean your carpet once every year
To care for your carpet after a significant spill, you should:
- Soak up as much liquid as possible with towels
- Gently press (do not scrub or rub) clean cloths over the spill
- to soak up remaining liquid
- Pour warm water onto the stain
- Soak up the stain until no color absorbs into towel or cloth.
For persistent stains you should:
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing soap to a cup of warm water
- Pour solution onto stain and allow it to sit for five minutes
- Rinse with warm water until the solution is fully removed from carpet
- Place paper towels over the area and weigh them down with
- a large book or heavy object
- Let paper towels sit overnight
- Vacuum once the spot is dry the next day.
Hardwood Floor Care
Ensure longevity for your hardwood floor by following these guidelines:
- Sweep floors often with a soft-bristled broom to remove dirt and debris
- that damages the finish
- If you vacuum use the bare floor setting
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Use gentle cleaners specifically for wood floors.
- Don't use oil soap
- Don't drag furniture or other heavy items to prevent scratching