Flooring Store Rockville, MD
Rockville, MD Flooring Store
So you’ve had new carpeting or hardwood flooring professionally installed. How can you keep it looking as fresh and new as the day you got it? With a few tips from our flooring professionals, you can have amazing-looking floors for years to come!
There are 3 main things you can do to maintain the beauty and cleanliness of your carpets:
- Vacuum your carpets regularly
- Clean up any spills immediately
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year
What about after a bad spill? Here’s what to do:
- Take up as much of the spill as possible using a towel.
- Gently press a clean cloth into the spill to remove as much moisture as possible. Don't scrub! Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain.
- Add warm water and blot the stain until color stops transferring to the cloth.
- If the stain persists, make a detergent solution by adding 1/4 tsp. of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
- Apply the solution to the spill and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Repeat until all the solution is removed.
- Place a paper towel on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weigh down the towels and let it sit overnight.
- Once the carpet is dry, vacuum it to restore the texture.
Hardwood Floor Care
With proper care, your new hardwood floors can stay smooth-looking and beautiful for a lifetime. Here’s how to get the most out of your hardwood flooring investment:
- Dirt, gravel, and grit can do a number on your floor’s finish. Make sure you sweep your floors often using a soft-bristled broom or other soft-surfaced sweeper.
- If you prefer to use a vacuum to sweep your floors, make sure the vacuum has a special bare floor attachment or setting.
- Wipe up liquid spills immediately after they happen.
- Use only gentle cleaners made especially for wood floors when mopping ( no bleach! ). Avoid oil soaps.
- Take care not to drag furniture or other heavy items across your hardwood floors – to do so can result in deep scratches.
If your floors are looking dull, dingy, and just plain worn out, call Renaissance Floor & Carpet today at 301-545-0007 for a FREE flooring installation estimate, or stop by our showroom at 1327 G Rockville Pike in Rockville.
Renaissance Floors is a hidden treasure you'll be glad to share with friends. Not readily visible from the pike, we are located inside the driveway between India Garden and Entenmann's Bakery.